Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lao Sze Chuan



**Zizzle Zazzle**

This is the best Chinese food I have ever had or at least in recent memory. It's actually Szechuan and surprisingly spicy. When I say spicy, I mean covered in hot pepper flakes! The Chengdu dumplings (pictured) were spicy, soft, and intricate ($4.45 for 6 pieces). They contained meat which I gave to my neighbor at the table L. Nonetheless, amazing. I also enjoyed a glistening eggplant dish. The skin had the perfect crispiness, soft but not gaggy inside.

I was invited to this LTH event by my friend R from my college days. This restaurant is a favorite of the LTH Forum and you can read an extensive posting about it with many photos here.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I am definitely going back! I had the potstickers, pork, and green beans. Can you tell I've been obsessed with Chinatown? I went there 2 days in a row! Had fun in Chi-town. See you again soon.