Saturday, August 02, 2008

The Best Movie Reviews

When I was a wee freshman at the University of Dallas, I was assigned to work in the History/Theology department as part of the work/study program. There I would occasionally make photocopies for Dr. Frank Swietek. He was known as a very tough grader and only taught his history classes at 8am. I never took his classes but I have been enjoying his movie reviews online for years now. He assigns grades to all movies and he's rarely wrong, in my opinion.

Some films from his A-List:

PRINCESS AND THE WARRIOR, THE (KRIEGER UND DIE KAISERIN, DER)
YOU CAN COUNT ON ME
SHREK
O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU?
PAN'S LABYRINTH (EL LABERINTO DEL FAUNO)
REAR WINDOW
AMERICAN SPLENDOR

1 comment:

Scar McDyess said...

Awesome thanks, you told me about this back during the Kansas years, but I had forgotten about it. The reviews are usually spot on.