Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Save the Earth with a Laundry Rack




Hopefully my readers will not feel that I have reduced this blog to a Heloise's Hints. I have another product review.

I've read that clothing dryers are the most energy-hungry of all home appliances(ref). So, I'm trying to cut back. I bought a retractable clothesline from Stacks and Stacks for $12 plus shipping. When I got it home I found that there was no good place for it in my apartment, so I am giving it to a friend.

Last night I was at Mitsuwa, the legendary Japanese department in the suburbs and I spotted the Japanese plastic laundry racks there for $10/each! It was an exciting moment. These racks are really common in Japan but impossible to find here. I found something similar on Stacks and Stacks. The clothespins are attached to the rack and you can hang it anywhere. One problem with the clothesline is that I was too lazy to buy clothes pins. The pins are attached to the Japanese-style rack. Long live Nihon, master of energy savings!

No comments: