Saturday, January 19, 2008

King of the Ballad


Richard Marx checked out in line at Blockbuster in front of me today with his three young sons. There was something wrong with his card. How could Richard Marx have something wrong with his card? In any case, he held up the line. I heard him ask his 12-year old son if he had seen Bad Boys. The son said scoffingly, "Yeah..". I would haver never recognized Richard Marx in a check-out line but the employees were having a heyday with the celebrity sighting after he left.

Compelled by the video store sighting, I visited his site. It was there I read his journal containing tips on different car rental companies as well as his thoughts on Barack Obama (he lives in IL).

Winter fun in Chicago...

1 comment:

jessicaehorn said...

I love Richard Marx, he lives in Chicago? I clearly remember the video for the sad song, "I swear I left her by the river..." and thinking he didn't drown her, really!