Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Letter to the rep

Sent this today:

Dear Mr. Gutierrez,

Thank you for hard work serving my district. I am writing to you today about the war in Iraq. It is very important to me that you vote against any funding of the war in Iraq in 2008 and work to bring the troops home immediately. This issue is the most important issue to me politically and I will cast my vote accordingly in all future elections. I believe this war does not serve our political interests and it is causing great harm to our troops, the Iraqi people, and the image of America abroad. I encourage you to look at the work of Douglas Johnston at the ICRD and his "faith-based diplomacy" as a commendable model for political problem-solving. Thank you for your attention and I trust that you will give great consideration to this issue since many lives are at stake.

Sincerely,

Me

No comments: